There have been several reports recently in the UK national press on the creation of living roofs which can be defined as green roofs, roof terraces or either roof gardens which may be accessible by workers or residents.
Why have a Roof Garden
Creation of gardens on city office buildings for either somewhere company employees can spend their breaks or soften the outlook from high rise office blocks can quickly add value to employees work space or visually enhance their skyline views.
Why Willerby Landscapes
- With a wealth of experience and knowledge in achieving high quality installations, we have been instrumental in constructing roof space enhancements with, in some instances, simple but very effective planting designs and materials. One such example of using simple materials is on the roof of the Canary Wharf HQ1 building, where sleepers and light weight soils have been used.
- We have experience in major roof garden project such as Jubilee Park, an over roof structure amenity space on the Canary Wharf London Underground station.
- We have transformed existing roof space to a series of gardens accessible to tenants and visitors such as in 99 Bishopsgate and 30 Cannon St in the City of London.
- Our installations include the top of residential buildings in the Kings Cross Development such as The Triplets, The Tapestry and Plimsoll buildings.
The benefits of Willerby Landscapes
- The complexity associated with any installation of roof structures, especially in central London, requires meticulous planning and careful programming of deliveries. Lift time can also be in high demand by all trades working on a scheme, so coordination and micro managing every aspect ensures not only the safety of our operatives but also ensuring completion of works on time and within budget.
Below is a 360 projection of 4 Pancras Sq Kings Cross
Four Pancras Sq K Cross Tapestry Roof Garden K Cross Triplet GH 12 Roof Garden K Cross