Brent Civic Centre, London
12 Weeks to Deliver!
The opening of the new Brent Civic Centre was planned for Spring 2013. The challenge was to deliver a £1.2 miIIion hard and soft landscaping scheme within 12 weeks. The new Centre development was designed to streamline the efficient delivery of services to Brent’s diverse community and accelerate the regeneration of the northern part of Wembley.
Included in the development was the requirement to install landscaped gardens to connect further with the surrounding Wembley Regeneration Area. Working to tight deadlines, Willerby Landscapes collaborated closely with the main contractor and design team to ensure the contract was delivered on time and to budget without compromising quality.
- Hard landscaping comprising of over 1,440 m2 Pallas paving,
- 567 linear metres of granite setts, 500m of stainless steel edging.
- Installation of security planters.
- Installation of street lights.
- Innovative use of alternative materials and techniques to achieve Client deadlines.
- Soft landscaping included 70 Pleached Tilia Europea trees.
- Over 4,500 plants, 8,000 bulbs.
- Over 4,500 plants and 8,000 bulbs were installed contributing to BREAAM excellent status.